Wednesday, January 13, 2010


"These are books, I know," she said.
The little children broke into a rueful murmur, and Ermengarde looked aghast.
"Does your papa send you books for a birthday present?" she exclaimed. "Why, he's as bad as mine. Don't open them, Sara."
"I like them," Sara laughed...



"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else."



"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."

I am rather aware that this blog has sat silent a few days. I am also aware that I don't actually have any ideas about what to do to make it speak. I don't want it to dissolve into a few book reviews and nothing else. So, to try and keep things rolling, here is a little thing, indispersed with photographs of some of my Christmas presents.

Quote 1 from A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, quote 2 from Mark Twain, quote 3 from Jorge Luis Borges.

1 comment:

  1. so pretty. and i love, love the little princess. & those shoes are adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete